The City of Oak Grove wants to keep you updated on the latest information regarding reopening your business.
We know that local businesses have a lot of questions about when to reopen and how to keep yourself and employees safe when reopening.
CAN I BEGIN REOPENING?
- It depends on what industry you are in. The current reopening dates for various sectors can be found here. Your business must also meet the minimum requirements and industry specific guidelines.
- All dates are tentative and may change based on the number of new cases of the coronavirus. Certain phases may need to be paused or reversed to avoid a second spike.
DO I HAVE TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL IN ORDER TO REOPEN?
- No, you are not required to submit a proposal. However, your business will need to adopt additional health and safety measures once the benchmarks are met.
- Those benchmarks are:
- 14 days where cases are decreasing
- Increased testing capacity and contact tracing
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) availability
- Ability to protect at-risk populations
- Ability to social distance and follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines on large gatherings
- Preparedness for possible future spike
- Status of vaccine and treatment
WHAT ARE THE GUIDELINES FOR CLEANING AND DISINFECTION OF PUBLIC SPACES?
- Normal routine cleaning with soap and water on surfaces and objects
- Using EPA-approved disinfectants against COVID-19
- When EPA-approved disinfectants are not available, alternatives can be used.
- ⅓ cup of bleach added to 1 gallon of water or 70% alcohol solution. Do not mix bleach or other cleaning products together.
IF MY BUSINESS NEVER CLOSED BECAUSE IT WAS DEEMED ESSENTIAL – DO I HAVE TO RESUBMIT A PROPOSAL?
- No, you are not required to submit a proposal.
IF THE BUSINESS I WORK FOR REOPENS, HOW WILL YOU MAKE SURE IT IS SAFE?
- Each industry sector must meet a list of requirements in order to safely reopen. A business that does not comply with those requirements will not be able to reopen. Any violations of those requirements can be reported to the KYsafer hotline at 833-KYSAFER or kysafer.ky.gov.
Remember, we are all in this together and we will get through this.
Questions? Please contact us at Oak Grove, KY., and we’ll be happy to help answer any questions or concerns about your business.