Social Media Policy
As a public entity the City must abide by certain standards to serve all its constituents in a civil and unbiased manner. The City’s social media sites prohibit the posting of content and/or comments containing any of the following:
- Comments not related to the particular site;
- Profane language or content;
- Comments that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or protected class status;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal content;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public; or
- Content that violates the legal ownership or interest of any other party.
The City reserves the right to deny access for any individual who violates this policy at any time without prior notice.