Maintenance Worker/Part Time Temp
Educational Requirements: Graduate of accredited high school or GED.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in related field.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to pass a drug test and background check.
City maintenance workers are responsible for keeping the streets, sidewalks, and other public areas of their city clean and safe. They commonly perform tasks such as mowing, weed eating, edging, pruning, trimming, mulching, etc. utilizing mowing machines and other equipment necessary to accomplish required work tasks. City maintenance workers may also be tasked with performing minor repairs to public property or equipment. This might include fixing potholes in the road, replacing street signs that have fallen over, etc.
- Maintains grounds, including but not limited to, watering, seeding and maintenance of
all landscape features and plantings such as grass, trees, shrubs, and flowers.
- Ensure prompt removal of trash and debris.
- Perform routine ground maintenance, including mowing, weed eating, edging, pruning,
trimming, mulching, etc.
- Ability to interpret regulations, and statutes from local, state, and federal governments.
Possess the ability to discuss and resolve complicated situations with the public.
- Able to work under stress is necessary.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, or Abilities:
- Prior mowing/bush hogging experience preferred.
- Must be able to successfully operate various types of outdoor equipment with minimum
- This position description does not constitute a contract between the City of Oak Grove
and the employee and is subject to change by the City as the needs of the City and the
requirements of the position change.
- The functions listed herein are illustrative only and are not intended to cover all the job
duties and responsibilities. The omission of specific statements of duties and
responsibilities does not exclude them from the position requirements if the work is
similar, related, or logical assignment to the position.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $15.07 - $20.68 per hour
Benefits: Flexible schedule
- On call
Experience: Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Oak Grove City Hall
Public Safety Dispatcher
Although we are looking for already certified dispatchers, we are still encouraging noncertified candidates to still apply!! Experience in communications and or dispatching is preferred.
Looking for PART-TIME candidates with the potential to go FULL-TIME.
Benefits are for Full-Time employees.
Qualifications and Skills include:
- Must have completed and is certified through the Department of Criminal Justice Training Basic Tele Communications Course in Richmond, KY or approved transferable out of state certifications. Additional testing maybe required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment screening.
- Ability to pass an extensive background check to include a suitability screening test, polygraph, and drug screening if needed and free of any felony convictions.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 35 wpm required.
- NCIC/LINK certified and other mandatory certifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of computer operations sufficient to enter and retrieve data.
- Effectively prioritize situations and make good decisions based on information that has been received.
- Able to multitask and communicate information from several sources to ensure calls for service are being dispatched and handled in a timely manner.
- Work under pressure and during stressful situations.
- Ability to work shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays, and over time if needed.
- Ability to hear and understand multiple sound sources.
- Maintain a respectful working relationship with co-workers and the public.
- Handle records to include background checks, reports and any basic public needs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certified by DOCJT Basic Tele Course
- Valid driver’s licenses
Receives and dispatches all emergency calls requesting police, fire, medical or other emergency services.
Operate a variety of communications equipment to include radio consoles, office equipment, telephones, government databases and computer systems.
Receives request for police reports, background checks, warrants and other pertinent information from officers and other government agencies to maintain public safety.
Making sure all correct information is entered into the CAD concurrently dealing with any action taken or information received from all sources relative to police department and personnel.
Receive and forward information for O.G.P.D. relating to important dates for court, information for business matters dealing with our department, and any other matters important related to the office.
Three days a week- Two 13-hour shifts and one 14-hour shift
Four-day weekend every other weekend (Thru-Sunday)
1-2 days a week, 13-hour shifts. (varies based on needs of the dispatch center)
Shift hours are 0700-2000, 1900-0800, 1100-0000 (swing shift)
PAY RANGE YEARLY SALARY
$18.64-$25.59 per hour
Potential cost of living yearly and step increases every two years.
Pay is based off certified and/or experience.
Paid sick time off, vacation and 12 Floating Holidays
- One location
Job Type: Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Typing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person
Police Officer- HIRING FOR LATERALS
- Graduate of accredited High School or GED.
- Must have successfully completed an 800- hour basic training course recognized by the Kentucky Department of Criminal Justice Training.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Possesses a valid Driver License.
- Must never have been convicted of any felony.
- Must have never been prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a firearm.
- Must be able to successfully pass medical examination and a physical fitness test.
- Must have never been discharged under dishonorable or other then honorable from any military service and must have not had certification as a peace officer permanently revoke in any other state.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- Sound judgment and decision-making abilities in high-pressure situations.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in law enforcement practices.
- Ability to pass a drug and background test.
Preferred, Skills, Knowledge, or Abilities-
- Ability to analyze situations quickly and objectively and to determine the proper course of action.
- Ability to cope with situations firmly, courteously, and tactfully, and with respect for the rights of others.
- Ability to react quickly and calmy under emergency conditions.
- Ability to obtain information through interview, interrogation, and observations.
- Ability to understand and execute difficult oral and written instructions.
- Ability to express ideas clearly, orally and in writing to prepare comprehensive records and reports.
- Ability to develop skills in the use and care of firearms.
- Ability to develop and maintain good public relations.
- Ability to meet such specific requirements as may be established by competent authority.
- Ability to lift 73% of their body weight.
-Protects citizens by preventing crime, enforcing laws, apprehending suspects, and monitoring traffic.
-Patrols a designated area of the city in a patrol to prevent and discover the commission of crime and to enforce traffic regulations.
-Prevents Crime by explaining and enforcing applicable federal, state, and local laws and ordinances; teaching preventive, protective, and defensive tactics; mediating disputes; patrolling assigned area; responding to notices of disturbances; conducting searches; observing suspicious activities; and detaining suspects.
-Apprehends suspects by responding to complaints and calls for help, observing violations, and making arrests.
-Conducts criminal investigations by gathering evidence, interviewing victims and witnesses, and interrogating suspects.
-Documents observations and actions by radioing information and completing reports.
-Reports observations and actions by testifying in court.
-Fulfills court orders by serving warrants and commitments.
-Maintains safe traffic conditions by monitoring and directing traffic, enforcing laws and ordinances, investigating accidents, providing escort, and reporting unsafe streets and facilities.
-Minimizes personal injury by rescuing and reviving victims and radioing for medical assistance.
-Maintains operations by following department policies and procedures and recommending changes.
-Ensures operation of equipment by practicing responsible use, completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, notifying supervisor of needed repairs, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
-Maintains professional and technical knowledge by studying applicable federal, state, and local laws and ordinances; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; practicing skills; and participating in professional societies.
-Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Military Police may be eligible to lateral transfer.
Longevity pay increases every two years
Cost of living increases
Paid sick leave
Paid vacation days
Separate 4k yearly KLEFPF
You can fill out an application at the Police Department or you can obtain one online at the City of Oak Grove website.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $46,587.57 - $63,951.45 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift