GIVINGTUESDAY IS ON NOVEMBER 30TH THIS YEAR, SO THE CITY OF OAK GROVE HAS ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW TO PARTICIPATE
There are many opportunities to give back to the City of Oak Grove on GivingTuesday. Check out how you can give back to the local community below.
DONATE STUFFED ANIMALS
- Drop off new stuffed animals to the Oak Grove Police Department.
- Officers carry stuffed animals in their cruisers to give to children at the scene of certain incidents such as house fires, car accidents, domestic disputes, and other traumatic situations to help calm them.
DONATE SUPPLIES TO ANIMAL CONTROL
- The City of Oak Grove Animal Control is always looking for the following
- If they have enough at the time of the donation, they’ll donate the extra blankets, towels, etc., to the shelter.
- Donations can be dropped off at City Hall or the Police Department.
GET INVOLVED IN THE CITY GOVERNMENT
- With the influx of talented people moving into the Fort Campbell neighborhood, getting involved with the City Government is a great way to get involved and give back to the community.
- Become a leader in the community
- Donate your professional and personal skills
- Get a better understanding of the local government and policies
- While serving on a board or community isn’t a cure-all way to get everything done in local government, there are ways you can have an impact on the local level.
VOLUNTEER OR DONATE TO OAK GROVE COMMUNITY CARES
- Oak Grove Community Cares is a non-profit organization run by volunteers, serving the Oak Grove community, providing free holiday programs, educational and outreach programs.
- Volunteers contribute a tremendous value to the success of the organization.
- Oak Grove Community Cares functions entirely from donations from local businesses and individuals.
OTHER WAYS TO GIVE BACK
- Find local places in need of volunteers and spend a few hours there.
- Pay it forward
- Pay for someone’s coffee or meal in a drive-thru line or pick up the check of a family’s dinner if you’re out to eat. You could also leave an extra tip for the barista who made your coffee or the server who waited at your table.
- Help your neighbors
- Bring them a warm meal or rake their leaves for them. You never know how something so simple may help them.
- Be kind to others
- Say hi to someone walking by you or smile at the person next to you in line. Showing kindness is a free, easy way to give back.
There are plenty of ways to give back on GivingTuesday, and it doesn’t have to stop there. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact the City of Oak Grove. We are more than happy to help in any way we can.