THE CITY OF OAK GROVE IS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY WHO WANT TO GET INVOLVED
With the influx of talented people coming from all over the U.S. into our Fort Campbell neighborhood, the resources of different cultures are limitless.
Reasons to get involved:
- To fulfill a civic responsibility.
- A desire to be involved and give something back to the community.
- A desire to help shape policy.
- A desire to donate one’s professional skills.
- Channel creative energy in contributing productively.
- Gain expertise on complex issues that affect local government.
- Get a better understanding of local government.
- Build valuable networks and relationships with fellow board members.
- To grow as a leader in your community.
Ideal candidates need:
- The necessary expertise for certain committees.
- A reputation for integrity and community service.
- Sufficient time available to prepare for and attend meetings.
What is expected of board members:
- Be on time for meetings.
- Be familiar with the issues at hand.
- Participate in discussions and work assignments.
- Be courteous and respectful to each other and to members of the public.
- Be open and responsive to questions and concerns.
Serving on a board or committee is not a cure-all way to get everything you want to be done in local government, and there are many other ways to have an impact on the local level. However, boards and committees are one solid option to both pushing for change, and to learn how our local government system operates.
So what are you waiting for? Get out there and get involved!
To get more information about serving on one of Oak Grove’s many boards, please call (270) 439-4646 If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact Oak Grove, KY, we are more than happy to help in any way we can.