CODE AND NUISANCE BOARD
Ordinance #2017-01 Nuisance Board
The Code and Nuisance Board meets the 3rd Thursday of every month at 6:00 PM in the Council Chambers here at City Hall.
This is an open meeting and everyone is welcome!
Code and Nuisance is a board that enforces several ordinances in the City of Oak Grove.
ORDER OF POSTING IS AS FOLLOWS
Ordinance # 2017-01 Nuisance
- WARNING – Code Enforcement Officer will give you a time frame to correct the violation
- CITATION – posted after the warning deadline (only if the violation has not been corrected). The person to whom the citation is issued shall respond to the citation within 7 days of the date of issuance by either paying the civil fine or requesting, in writing, a hearing before the Code and Nuisance Board to contest the citation. If the person fails to respond to the citation within 7 days, the person shall be deemed to have waived the right to a hearing and the determination that a violation was committed shall be considered final.
- The City will abate the property. To abate properties, the City charges $100.00 per hour.
- The Code And Nuisance Board will vote to fine the property.
- A lien will be placed on the home ($39.00 Administrative fee). These fees are outrageous for a reason, we prefer the resident keep their homes in compliance for several safety reasons (rats, mice, snakes and ground water contamination) that are big issues with the City and the State of Kentucky.
- If the property is cleaned up prior to the City cleaning it, but after the Code and Nuisance Board votes to fine it, a lien for the amount of the fine and administrative fees will be placed in the amount of either 1st ($200.00), 2nd ($350.00), or 3rd ($500.00) offense.
Abandoned/Non-Operational vehicles are also subject to fines and towing. Please see Ordinance # 2015-06 for details.
The following are several more ordinances that our Code Officer abides by in the City of Oak Grove:
- Prohibiting Grease: 2008-03
- Dilapidated Structures
- Garage/Yard Sales: 2009-08
- Yardsale Form/Guidelines
- Abandoned/Non-Operational vehicles-2015-06
- Nuisance Code Board: 2017-01
- 2017-08 Amending Ordinance 2017-01
- Noise Ordinance
- Vacant/Abandoned Property 2018-01
- Vacant/Abandoned Property Registration Form
- 2002-03 Regulating storage and parking of vehicles
Having a Code Enforcement Officer in the City of Oak Grove helps to keep our city looking beautiful for our residents. Please do your part.
CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
P.O. Box 250
8505 Pembroke Oak Grove Rd
Oak Grove, KY 42262
(270) 439-4646 Office
(270) 839-0833 Cell