P.O. Box 250
152 Stateline Rd
Oak Grove, KY 42262
Animal Control Officer: Jennifer Mosier
Please call (270) 439-4602 for all non-emergency animal control calls to report a problem or email firstname.lastname@example.org. After hour calls will be put on the call log for the next duty day.
It is important to have identification on your pet. City dog tags ($5) are required by city ordinance and renewed annually on July 1. Rabies tags must be on the pet’s collar or harness.
Temporary overnight kennels in Oak Grove are sometimes used to house animals; otherwise, animals are transported to the Christian County Animal Shelter at 2935 Russellville Rd. in Hopkinsville (270-887-4175).
Contact Animal Control if a note has been left at your residence to resolve the situation or a citation may be issued.
For emergency animal control calls (i.e. vicious dog, animal endangerment, ect.) please call the Oak Grove Dispatch line at (270) 439-4602
DONATIONS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME
Animal Control could use blankets, bowls, food, snacks and animal shelters. if you would like to donate any items please feel free to drop them off at the Oak Grove Police Department or Oak Grove City Hall.
The Animal Control Officer has temporary shelters located in the City of Oak Grove that are used for holding your pet for a short period , if your pet has City tags or has been chipped, he can locate you easier. If a note has been left by Animal Control on your door please contact him ASAP.
If your dog has gotten loose please contact Animal Control he may be able to help you locate your pet.
- Oak Grove Animal Control promotes responsible pet ownership, and provides education/tips on animals
- Enforces animal control ordinances including animal cruelty and neglect, and does welfare checks
- Trapping of stray or nuisance animals running at large,
- provides temporary shelter for stray, unwanted or homeless animals,
- Is an animal lover as well, will do everything possible to help you locate your pet and will scan animals for microchips
- Has direct contact with the County Animal Shelter (270) 887-4175
- Chicken Permit Inspections
ANIMAL CONTROL FEES
- Animal pick up fees—$25.00 per animal, 1st Offense plus $10 per day; 2nd offense $35 plus $10 per day; 3rd Offense $55 plus $10 per day
- City dog tags—$5.00 annually from July to July. **Please be advised that dog tags are to be renewed July of every year.**
- Holding Fees—$10.00 per day
- Owner release—$10.00 per animal