We could all use a little more kindness in our lives. How will you participate in this year’s Random Acts of Kindness Week?
Random Acts of Kindness Week is February 14-20. Here are some simple acts of kindness that you can show to someone you love or a lucky member of the Oak Grove community.
Acts of Kindness to Someone You Know
- Put your phone away while in the company of others
- Compliment a friend, family member, or coworker
- Send a gratitude email to a coworker who deserves more recognition
- Call or text a friend or family member you haven’t spoken to in a while to see how they’re doing
- Write your partner a list of things you love about them
- Bring donuts and/or coffee to the office
- Shovel off a neighbor’s snowy driveway or sidewalk
Acts of Kindness in the Oak Grove Community
- Write a good review for a local business you have visited recently
- Buy a coffee or meal for the person behind you in the drive-thru line
- Let someone go in front of you in line at a store that only has a few items
- Donate old towels or blankets to an animal shelter
- Get take out from a family-owned restaurant for lunch
- Leave a kind server the biggest tip you can afford at a restaurant
- Invite an old friend to take a peaceful walk on the War Memorial Walking Trail
- Take a friend’s kid to the Viceroy Playground and Butterfly Garden to give an overworked mom a little me-time
Acts of Kindness to Yourself
- Practice self-kindness and spend 30 minutes doing something you love
- Treat yourself to a coffee or treat of your choice
There are countless amount of ways to be kind today, and always. Let’s all vow to do one act of kindness for someone else whether it be someone you know, yourself, or someone in our City of Oak Grove community.